Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stairway Collage


I found the cloud like stairs and decided to put a row of shops on either side. So I found a snowy street that reflected the light like I liked, copied and reflected the image to run down both sides. I used the erasure tool to remove some of the storefronts to let the stairs come through and give them a 3 dimensional feel. I also used the blur, smudge and stamp tools to enhance the clouds on the left bottom and removed sections of the building on the left top to give it a little different feel from the right side. The "closed" sign I placed using the perspective tool and then the transform tool to get the right dimensions and placement. The colors worked well because it has a lot of gold tones which goes along with the message of the lyric...and of course a lady we all know...who doesn't know Fergie? I had to add shadows underneath and next to her on the stairs and a little on the wall. The text seemed like it fit well with the antique looking gold color and old English font. I just added and reduced the opaque level on the Led Zeppelin banner to have it seem coming out of the background and not have too much contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment